Integration with Google Play Developer Console improves the way you can work with Google Play reviews.
What exactly will you get?
- Reviews will be exported directly from Developer console,
- Every review will be exported with additional parameters, such as: app_version_code, app_version_name and device,
- It will be possible to Reply to Google Play reviews right from AppFollow.
- Opportunity to see what version of an app is used by the user that left a review.*
*The number of version will be displayed only for new reviews written within the last 7 days.
How to set up the integration?
1. Open Integrations menu (Integrations Setup) on the Google Play tab (More details about accessing this menu here).
�2. You will then see two fields: Client ID and Client secret.
Open Google Play Developer Console to get this data. What's next?
- 2.1 Go to Settings > API account
You should have a right to access this part of console, e. g. owner of the account
- 2.2 In the opened window press "Create OAuth Client"
- 2.3 Next, go to Google Play API Manager by selecting "View in Google Developers Console":
- 2.4 In console click on created ID name:
- Under title "Credentials" you will see your Client ID and Client secret. Copy them and paste into AppFollow settings. Don't forget to press "Save"!
At this point your initial set-up is done but there are few more steps before you are done.
3. Find the code for OAuth client — see "get this code here". Once you've done it, your browser will open a new window suggesting to log in Google Play.
5. Paste this code into the appropriate field in AppFollow. Click "Save" — now it's all done!
Sometimes after finishing set-up, you might see the following error on Google when trying to login:
How to fix it?
Open your Settings of your Google Play console and fill in all empty fields.
This article talks about how to set-up the integration with Google Play via OAuth client. There is a second type of integration — via Account Developer ID.